CHE GUEVARA, THINKER & FIGHTER!
Are His Ideas Relevant for the 21st Century?
2-day International Conference in Vancouver, Canada
In Honor of Che's 80th Birthday!
June 13-14, 2008
Ernesto Che Guevara has become a revolutionary icon in representing the continuity of revolutionary socialist theory and practice. His legacy has been an inspiration in the dynamic struggle for ways and means to confront capitalism and imperialism. Vancouver Communities in Solidarity with Cuba (VCSC) is organizing this first International Conference in Canada on Che Guevara's contribution to the revolutionary cause. The conference will feature International speakers:
- Irma González Salanueva - A student leader in the Union of Young Communists (UJC) and the daughter of Rene Gonzalez, one of the 5 Cuban Heroes currently held in U.S. prisons.
- Jairo Rodríguez Hernández – Vice President of the Federation of University Students (FEU) in Havana province
- Samira Amndan - Diplomatic Attaché at the Venezuelan Consulate in Toronto, Canada
- Isaac Saney - Professor at Dalhousie University, and author of "Cuba: A Revolution In Motion",
- Walter Lippmann - Editor in Chief of Cuba News
- John Waller - Coordinator of the Pastors for Peace Friendshipment Caravan to Cuba
- Ali Yerevani - Political Editor of the Fire This Time Newspaper.
Friday JUNE 13th 5pm – 9pm
& Saturday JUNE 14th 9am – 7pm
WELSH HALL (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
215 E. 17th Ave. @ Main St.
Seats are limited, for pre-registration please contact:
778-882-5223 | firstname.lastname@example.org
$15 for 2 days with pre-registration
$10 for each day at the door (If seats are available)
No one will be turned away for lack of funds
Vancouver Communities in Solidarity with Cuba (VCSC) &
Free the Cuban 5 Committee - Vancouver (FC5C - Van)
Members of the Canadian Network on Cuba (CNC)
Download the flyer